Praising God, Growing Disciples, and Serving the World
Our mission at Glen Mar Church is Praising God, Growing Disciples, and Serving the World. What this means is that we are constantly seeking to love God with our hearts, learn about God with our heads, and serve God with our hands.
Our vision is to be a church that roots people into the life-giving message of Jesus Christ.
This vision is inspired by a prayer that the Apostle Paul writes in his letter to the Ephesians:
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. — Ephesians 3:16-19
The key hope of this prayer is that we be rooted and established in the love of Christ. The evidence of Christ's love in our lives reveals itself through our desire to praise God, grow as a disciple, and serve others.
We believe there are many behaviors that help people become connected to Christ's love. There are also intentional practices that help us create a place where people can experience this love and share it with others. As we seek to live out our vision, we are guided by the following values:
- Being in relationships that build community and make a positive life-changing impact. (Acts 2:42-47)
- Growing servant leaders surrounded by gifted people who move the mission forward. (Eph 4:11-12)
- Removing barriers so that everyone can experience God’s love. (Romans 8:38-39)
- Communicating God’s message and mission in creative ways. (Acts 17:22)
- Studying God’s Word so that we can apply it to our lives. (Psalm 119:105)
- Discovering our purpose and spiritual gifts to serve God’s mission. (1 Peter 4:10-11)