Glen Mar has started up a chapter of the United Methodist Women, the largest denominational faith organization for women with approximately 800,000 members whose mission is fostering spiritual growth, developing leaders and advocating for justice.
We held our first monthly meeting in January. We generally meet the third Tuesday of each month (1:00 pm and 7:00 pm). This group is open to all women interested in working with the United Methodist Women in 2019. Choose which meeting works best for your schedule. Check the Current Happenings page for meeting notices.
Upcoming Events: Baby Shower and Fundraiser: May 4, 2-4 p.m.
Our first local mission project will be to sponsor a church-wide baby shower to benefit the Columbia Pregnancy Center on May 4, from 2-4 p.m., in Glen Mar's Youth Lounge. Download the flyer. To learn more about the work done at Columbia Pregnancy Center, view our video.
Please RSVP to email@example.com if you plan to attend.
All gifts should be UNWRAPPED. Please keep new clothing items on hangers with tags if possible. If you cannot attend, leave gifts in the bucket downstairs.
List of Desired Items
- Onesies 0-18 Months, NEW (especially boys or gender neutral)
- Sleepers/Outfits 0-18 Months, NEW (especially boys or gender neutral)
- 3-pack 8oz Baby Bottles, NEW (no Playtex/bag insert styles)
- Spoons & Bibs, NEW
- Newborn Pacifiers, NEW
- Diapers - Newborn to Size 6
- Diaper Wipes - 54 count or higher
- Diaper Rash Ointment
- Receiving Blankets - Boy & Girl, NEW and/or Excellent Condition
- Diaper Bags - all styles, NEW and/or Excellent Condition
- Baby Wash
- Baby Lotion
- Baby Towels & Wash Cloths
- Sippy Cups, NEW
- Small Educational Toys, NEW
- Picture Books - Infant/Toddler, NEW and Excellent Condition
- Maternity Clothes, Excellent Condition
- Nursing Cover-Ups, NEW
- Boppy, NEW or Excellent Condition
- Body Lotion - Cocoa Butter
- $25 Gas Cards - Shell, Exxon, BP (Gift/Incentive for attending our live Life Coaching Sessions)
No time to shop? No problem! Financial donations enable the Columbia Pregnancy Center (CPC) to continue providing ALL of their much needed programs and services for FREE. The CPC is a 501(c)(3) organization, so your donation is fully tax deductible. Make your check payable to the Columbia Pregnancy Center and put it in the dropbox in The Gathering Place. Cash donation envelopes will also be available on the day of the shower.
Join the UMW Email List
Please contact Fayette Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our email list or to get more information.