Glen Mar sponsors a variety of ongoing mission ministries by funding teams of volunteers and providing a Glen Mar coordinator.
Summer Mission Trips
Glen Mar is hosting a variety of mission trips this summer for adults and youth currently in 6th grade and older:
- West Virginia: June 4-10, $300/person for current 12th graders and collegians
- Hurley #1: June 25-July 1, $400/person, 8th grade and older
- Hurley #2: July 2-8, $400/person, 8th grade and older
- Baltimore Mission Camp: July 24-28, $125/person, 6th grade and older
Cost includes all housing, meals, materials and a T-shirt. Reserve a spot with a deposit of $50 (payable to Glen Mar). Check out the details for each trip on our mission trip pages or contact D.C. Veale, Minister for Missions, email@example.com. Download the flyer.
Summer Mission Trip Training
Three mandatory training sessions will be held for all youth and adults planning to participate in ANY summer youth mission trip. At the training, missioners meet others, learn about the possible impact of stereotypes, and mission trip specifics. Training sessions are critical for individual preparation and team unity. Everyone 18 and over who participates in any mission trip also needs to be Safe Sanctuaries certified. Training dates:
- Sat., Mar. 18, 2017: 9:15 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Sat., Apr. 22, 2017: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. + Safe Sanctuaries training 12:15 p.m. - 1 p.m.
- Sat., May 20, 2017: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.+ Safe Sanctuaries training 12:15 p.m. - 1 p.m.
Trips vary each year, with past trips including travel to the following places:
- Hurley, VA in Appalachia to do home repairs
- Crisfield, MD for disaster recovery from Hurricane Sandy
- Cherokee Nation in Western NC to do home repairs
- Miracia, Haiti to continue construction of a new hospital
- Slidell, LA for continued disaster recovery from Hurricane Katrina
- Tuscaloosa, AL for tornado recovery
- Jacksonville, FL for inner city outreach
Locally, Glen Mar is involved in several year-round outreach ministries through involvement with Grassroots Crisis Intervention Center, Habitat for Humanity, Bridges for Housing Stability, Relay for Life, and PATH (People Acting Together in Howard).
Home-grown ministries such as Wish Upon a Star (Christmas gift ministry), food collections for local food pantries, and a Social Justice ministry round out Glen Mar's outreach ministries.
Visit our Local Outreach page for more details.
For more information on any of our missions ministries, contact D.C. Veale, Minister for Missions Coordination, at firstname.lastname@example.org.