Curious…About the Bible? About Christianity? About United Methodism? Check out these intro discussions:
Think of Base as a basics of the Bible or Bible 101.
- A six-week study: three weeks on Old Testament, three weeks on New Testament
- No commitment, no homework
- Introduction to the Bible for those who are completely new to the Bible or who want to return to Bible study
- Each session begins with a brief presentation followed by facilitated discussion
In this season of Eastertide, perhaps you’re looking for a way to connect and meet some new Glen Mar folks. Enter Base, a revised version of Andy Lunt’s original Bible 101 class now available over the internet! Wow! Base is a 6-week introduction to the Bible that assumes no Biblical knowledge and assigns no homework. It's designed for anyone who’d like to know more about how the Bible was written, how it came to us, and how we can read it today. Each Base session starts with a 30-min overview presentation followed by group discussion (yes, we can do that online!). The study is appropriate for both youth and adults, so bring the whole family!
If you’re interested or have any questions, please email Eric Sayers at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you online!
Group Members: Get the Class Schedule here.
Starting Point is a conversation about the basics of Christianity.
- A four-week or eight-week video series with guide book created by Andy Stanley
- Low-level of entry and casual
- Provides a basic understanding of Christianity rather than a lot of theology
- Each session starts with a video, and is followed by facilitated discussion
A Disciple’s Path
A Disciple’s Path is a conversation about the basics of United Methodism.
- A six-week study using study guide by James Harnish
- Participants may be Methodist, from other denominations, or be new Christians
- Helps new and prospective members learn more about Glen Mar and Methodism
- One-hour sessions based on study guide with facilitated discussion
For more information, please contact Pastor Anna Schwartz, Pastor for Community Life, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 410.465.4995, ext. 206.