Dear Glen Mar friends,
I'm so grateful for all the ways Glen Mar is being the church! Zoom Bible studies, planning and meetings, prayer and care and check ins, blessing our community partners in need, ELC teachers reading story books online, worship reaching out, including new people, and generosity of spirit and sharing by everyone, all doing their part. Prayers ascending, people helping, and praising God, growing disciples and serving the world, all while honoring the practices that help "flatten the curve" for this virus. I'm grateful.
I wanted to share with you that our beloved Ed Franey passed from this life to reward at 5:30 am on Thursday morning. He will be so missed, and I know that heaven is all the richer for the presence of this good saint of God. (Also, if God needed some warm-hearted jokes...Ed will have them at the ready). We pray for Ed's family and friends. Cards can be sent to daughters Dot Bauman, 5855 Bellanca Drive, Elkridge, MD 21075 and Joyce Nolan, 3912 Aspen Street, Chevy Chase, MD 20815. Ed also has another daughter, Barb, and son, Scott. There's no further info on a service at this time.
Worship and our Facility
We're extending our closure of the building to the public through at least 4/26 pursuant to directions from our Bishop, and while technically "closed," we will continue to do the work of ministry, care and mission remotely, using technology, so as to do our part for our neighbors and friends. We will continue to livestream worship using teams of less than 10 people, keeping an appropriate distance. We will have Holy Week experiences for people to participate in at home, including the chance to pick up palms for Palm Sunday! More info about that to follow in a separate email next week. And I'm hoping to do a video inviting your friends to join us for Easter - that will be easy for you to share!
Our Early Learning Center will be temporarily closed, pursuant to Gov. Hogan’s Order. Our Director and Board will be communicating with staff and parents about details. We want to stay connected to families during this time as much as we can.
Ways to Help
Thank you to everyone who has "caught up" where they can on their offerings and pledges, and thank you to those who are starting or continuing to give through the different ways giving can happen. (You can send a check, give through online banking, use a credit card through our online giving platform...). Your giving allows us to continue paying staff, serving our community, and sharing the message of Jesus and the hope, love and new life Jesus offers.
- Sign up for our Good Friday Prayer Vigil. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0B4CA5A72FA75-good
- Would you like to do a friendly "how are you" call? We are setting up a phone tree system to reach out to every Glenmartian we know, just to say, "We love you, how are you, how can we serve you, can we pray for you?" Contact Marti Windram.
- Helping the Hungry: Today, from 3-5 pm, we're collecting lunches for Manna House. A sandwich (turkey, ham, or PB&J), Fresh fruit, Water, Snack. Drop them off on the cart outside the main Glen Mar doors today between 3 and 5. Socially distanced and safe for all.
- Check out our website for more ways to serve.
Ways to Get Help
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call the emergency pager number, key in your number, and hang up. 410-748-1320.
- Though the office is closed, if you call during business hours, Kyara, the Pastor's Assistant will be glad to talk with you, and make sure you get the help you need.
As we practice "physical distancing," may we look for ways to be more "connected" than ever. And may you know that you are not alone. God bless you all!
See you online,