Dear Glen Mar friends,
We are hoping to be able to invite groups of folks to join us in the Spirit Center for Sunday worship starting in early October! Stay tuned for details, as we'll want to keep our numbers low for social distancing.
Our latest "guidelines for gathering" are as follows (although we revise them pretty frequently).
Guidelines for Gathering (as of 9/10/20)
- If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, please refrain from coming to Glen Mar. The safety of our community is our primary concern. Persons with symptoms should limit exposure until they get a negative COVID test or are evaluated by a doctor who says they no longer have to isolate.
- If you have had close household contact with someone who has a known or suspected case of COVID (symptoms can include fever, cough, sore throat, digestive issues, rash) please stay home until they test negative, or 10 days have elapsed since first exposure to them and 72 hours without symptoms.
- All requests for gathering must be approved by the Task Force For Re-Entering Well or a subcommittee thereof. Send requests for now to email@example.com.
- All approved events must be put on the calendar in Service U. For the present, we are focusing on outdoor gatherings.
- All gatherings must observe physical distancing guidelines, i.e. a 6 foot separation between "family" groupings (people who share a household or who are otherwise not practicing distancing with one another).
- As a general rule, masks are required on church property at all times for everyone above the age of 2 (see #13 below). Staff can be unmasked if they are alone in their individual office. If you don't have a mask, and we don't have one to give you, you'll need to go get one.
- As a general rule, events and gatherings will be capped at 1 hour. Exceptions can be requested from the Task Force or subcommittee.
- Very limited singing is now permitted at Saturday Night Live Vespers (outdoors, 2 people, masked, socially distanced from each other and 20 feet from congregants). Otherwise singing is not permitted at this time.
- Sharing of food beyond family groups, e.g. buffets, will not be allowed. People can bring their own food or things like food trucks for outdoor events are OK but food will not be prepared or served by Glen Mar or Glen Mar folks. Eating also involves mask removal and so should be restricted to outside the building or in designated staff areas and only when people can be at least 6 feet apart.
- The building itself remains officially closed, so that we can monitor the places in the building where people have been for cleaning and keep people who have to be in the building as safe as possible.
- The time limit of 1 hour should mean that restrooms will not be needed. If you need restrooms for your event, indicate that in your request. Restrooms will have 2 people allowed in them at one time, and a specific restroom will be designated for your event (Not all the bathrooms in the building).
- All gatherings must have a safety monitor that has been trained in these guidelines who is masked at all times. We will help you find or train a monitor if you don't have one in your group.
- Masks can be hard for young children to wear, but we want you to try, especially indoors and in situations where it is hard to keep kids distanced from other kids.
- All hugs need to be virtual. : )
- Our ELC kids and teachers follow a protocol under MSDE guidelines that may differ slightly from the above list.
I'm so appreciative of how we have all pulled together through this! Join us for Vespers where we'll be talking about the Gift of the Spirit called JOY (my favorite) and/or for Sunday worship online, where we will learn from David how to be "Undignified."