There’s always something happening at Glen Mar.
THIS WEEK’S SPOTLIGHTS:
- Sunday Attendance – Sign in on the Friendship Pad OR . . . check in on your cell phone using the Realm Connect App! Click on Mobile Check-In. This works for BOTH Live-Stream and In-Person. Any questions? Contact the Realm team.
- April 30 is “Prayer Sunday” – If you would like to pray with someone, a table will be in the Gathering Place during and after both services and Stephen Ministers will be available for prayer time.
- Special Lunch w/the Pastors – Sunday, May 7 at 12:30 pm – Join us in Room 145 for a luncheon to hear more about “Mission Possible: Reaching the Goal” – our upcoming stewardship/capital campaign and also to answer any “church finance” questions you may have. We have the chance to do some amazing things during this campaign! RSVP now! so that we know how much food to order.
- Family Matters Pot Luck Dinner – Saturday, May 6 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm – Do you have kids in preschool through middle school? We are beginning a small group just for you and your family! Join us in the Glen Mar Youth Lounge. For more information contact Jenn Dial. We will have a table in the Lower Gathering Place on Sunday.
- Glen Mar Church’s 3rd Annual Baby Shower – Saturday, May 6 from 10 am to Noon. We will meet in the Chapel. This shower is for the benefit of the Columbia Pregnancy Center and will have door prizes, favors, light refreshments and a presentation. Visit our table in the Gathering Place for more information. Contact Fayette Stewart for more information.
Graduating High School Seniors – Deadline May 14
Send your high school senior picture to Pastor Heerak Kim by May 14. Seniors will be celebrated in worship on Sunday, May 21.
We are beginning to see the benefits of using Realm If you need help logging in to Realm, please email the Realm team and we’ll get you logged in! What is Realm and why do you need to log into it? [Read More]
VBS 2023 – Register Today AND . . . Calling All Volunteers!
Get ready for VBS 2023 – Stellar: Shine Jesus’ Light – July 10-14. Registration began March 1. So if you haven’t registered the kids yet – now is the time. It’s going to be out of this world! Visit our table in the gathering place this Sunday for more information or to sign up to volunteer. [Read More]
HOLA Toastmasters of Ellicott City – Tuesday, May 2 at 7:30 pm in Room 146
We meet twice a month on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday evenings at 7:30 pm. We have hybrid meetings both online and in person on first Tuesdays at Glen Mar and on ZOOM only on third Tuesdays. For more information, email Rajan Gupta.
Dancing Needles – Thursday, May 11 at 1:00 pm
Do you enjoy knitting and crocheting or would you like to learn? We need you in our prayer shawl group. Prayer shawls are given to those in hospital and those in need of special care as a reminder that others care and are praying for them. The group is also making baby blankets for our newborns and scarves for our armed forces. We usually meet the second Thursday of every month at 1:00 pm in Room 144 to knit, crochet, and share together. If you wish you can knit or crochet at home and we can arrange to have your finished items picked up or dropped off at church. Donations of yarn are always welcome.
Welcome Team Meeting & Lunch – Saturday, May 13 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Learn about our new Radical Hospitality initiative starting very soon! Are you currently or interested in volunteering? Join us for our first, (since 2019) Welcome Team Meeting (and lunch) for anyone who is or wants to be serving as a Greeter, Hospitality (Coffee), Usher, or Welcome Center Host, OR anyone who is interested in joining us! RSVP now!
Youth Game Night, Saturday, May 13 at 6:00 pm
Join us for a fun night of board games and dinner. Please bring $5.00 to cover the cost. Any questions, please contact Pastor Heerak Kim.
Lunch Bunch – Tuesday, May 16 at 11:30 am
We’re a group of “seasoned citizens” (55 and up) who meet in the lower lobby for fellowship, fun and, of course, lunch. This month, we’ll be blessed with an entree prepared by George Dohner. So bring a side dish or dessert! Drinks will be provided. For more information, contact Lois Hildebrand.
Reconciling Community Interest Meeting – Tuesday, May 16, 7:00 pm
Reconciling Ministries are committed to achieving LGBTQ+ justice and full inclusion in the life and leadership of The United Methodist Church, both in policy and in practice. All are welcome. Email us for more information.
Summer Concert #1: Bayside Big Band – Friday, May 19 at 7:00 pm
Bayside Big Band will perform Glen Mar’s first Summer Concert on Friday, May 19 at 7:00 pm. Admission is free. They will perform OUTSIDE – inside if it’s raining. So bring chairs and/or blankets. Food trucks will be available from 5:00 to 7:30 pm. Find out about all of this year’s Summer Concerts.
Our Next Turn @ Rt. 1 DRC – Saturday, May 27 from 11:45 am – 2:00 pm
One of 50 churches supporting the Grassroots Rt. 1 Day Resource Center (DRC), Glen Mar provides lunch on the 4th Saturday of every month. If you’d like to contribute to the potluck menu, help serve on site, or even view future SignUps, [Read More].
Job Position Posting: Seeking Full & Part Time Facilities Service Workers
Glen Mar United Methodist Church is currently seeking energetic Facilities Service Workers, to assist in all types of services, from light maintenance to custodial work. – [Read More]