Ash Wednesday, February 17th, is the first day in the season of Lent - a 40-day season of reflection, repentance, and renewal that prepares us for a deeper and joyful experience in Jesus' resurrection on Easter. Two full Ash Wednesday services were held - a noon (12 pm) service via Zoom and an in-person, outdoor service at 7 pm in the lower parking lot.
There are many opportunities throughout Lent to connect and be in God’s presence. More details will be added as information becomes available.
- Lenten Sermon Series and Study - begins Feb. 21: The sermon series for the Lenten season will start on Sun. Feb. 21, where we will rediscover Jesus’s seven last words through Susan Robb’s book, Seven Words: Listening to Christ from the Cross. This is not a church-wide study, but please feel free to share the information about the sermon series with your Growth Group members (and anyone else who might be interested) in case they would like to read the book on their own to deepen their understanding of the sermon series. More information on the book is available at Amazon.com.
- Youth's Service - Sun., Mar. 7: Children and youth will lead worship
- Holy Week Prayer Walk - Sat., Mar. 27: A Holy Week Prayer Walk will be offered on Sat., Mar. 27. Details will be provided soon.
- Pick up Palm Branches and Submit Your Recording for Palm Sunday: Palm branches will be available for pickup prior to Palm Sunday. Pickup details will be provided soon. You are invited to use palm branches or any accessible flowers, record yourselves waving them, and submit to the Glen Mar Tech Team. These recordings will be shown during the Palm Sunday worship service. Video submissions are due by Mon., Mar. 15. More information will be provided soon.
- Good Friday Prayer Vigil: A prayer vigil on Good Friday will be held. Information on how to sign up will be provided soon.