“We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa
The Covid-19 pandemic gave all of us a taste of what it’s like to live in isolation, stuck at home, unable to connect with our church family or attend worship services in person. Thankfully, most of us have gotten back to some version of a “new normal”. However, several of our Glen Mar family members still live a shut-in, isolated lifestyle due to illness or age-related issues. You can brighten their days and help them stay connected to Glen Mar by joining our new Glen Mar Ministry to Shut-Ins.
We are looking for:
- Sunday flower delivery / visiting: a core group to take turns making altar flower delivery visits on Sundays immediately following the 11am worship service. Flowers will be rotated amongst our list of shut-ins.
- Other daytime visiting: helpers who can visit folks during the daytime on weekdays or Saturdays, depending on their schedule and the schedule of the person being visited
- Phone visiting: helpers who can make phone visits before 7:30 p.m. on a day of their choosing
- In-person visits will be approximately 30 minutes long.
- Frequency of your visits/calls is flexible, as you are able. There will be a shared Google doc where helpers can sign up to take an assignment or be a backup.
Training will be provided, as well as background information on the folks being visited (with their permission).
To sign up or get more information, contact Janet Eagles.