Sign up for one of our newsletters!
There’s always something happening at Glen Mar:
– Family Christmas Project – send us your Christmas Stories!
– Ames Coat Drive for Baltimore City
– My Sister’s Place Winter Gear Collection
– 130 Boxes Collected and Packed for Operation Christmas Child
– Light of the World Sermons Series
Dear Glen Mar friends,
You may not know this, but this Sunday is Christ the King Sunday and It marks the end of the Christian liturgical year. It’s also the Sunday before Thanksgiving too. And as we come to the “end of the year” it is good to be reminded that Jesus is Lord of our lives and hearts. To say Jesus is Lord is to say that we are not, that our secular leaders are not, that racism, injustice, and oppression are not. It is a reminder that our baptisms are our primary allegiance, and as people of faith, we are called to serve our Lord at all times and all places. We view our politics, and our jobs, and our families, and our finances through the lens of Christ’s lordship. And so, to “give thanks” on the last Thursday in November is to give thanks to the One who is Lord, the one who comes to save, love, heal and free us and all creation.
There’s always something happening at Glen Mar.
– We’re Back! Our Turn @ Rt. 1 Day Resource Center (Saturday Nov. 27)
– Sleep In Heavenly Peace – We Still Need Donations
– Jewels For Hope Sparkles Again for HopeWorks!
– Family Christmas Project for Worship
– Ames Coat Drive
– Advent Study Group – Sign Up by Nov. 21
– Journey to Bethlehem – It’s a Glen Mar Thing!
– Family Christmas Eve Services – Dec. 24 at 2:30 and 4:00 pm
– Musicians Sought for Christmas Eve Services